Free Storm Roofing Inspection
You heard the rain, the hail and saw the tree damage from the storm around your neighborhood but how did your roof hold up to the storm. Is there a simple and safe way to inspect your roof for damage without having to climb a ladder. The answer is Yes. Call Ultimate Roofing and Construction for a free roofing inspection. With years of experience, we can give you and honest roofing evaluation. We know what to look for and what your insurance company will be looking for.
Significant wind can cause shingles to blow off the roof deck. Missing shingles can lead to leaks and other interior damage. Other wind damage may not be easy to see, especially if the adhesive seal that provides a water-shedding surface is broken. Warning sign include”
- Missing shingles
- Thin horizontal lines where granules have been worn off about 1-2 inches beneath the shingle above; this could indicate that the shingle seal was broken and the shingle was flapping in the wind rubbing against the shingle above it. To be effective against the elements, shingles must be sealed to each other as one water tight roof deck.
Hail can bruise a shingle causing an indentation that may be hard to see but that can crack the shingle allowing water to infiltrate over time. You may need the assistance of a professional roofing contractor to determine the scope of the damage. If you have hail damage, you will need to file an insurance claim. Signs of hail damage include:
- Other collateral hail damage around the house; dents on cars or other items on your house or in your yard
- A distinct pattern of small round-shaped divots on the edges of the shingles
- Indentations in the shingle where granules are missing
- A large pile of granules at the end of your downspout; a small amount is normal, especially on new shingles
Other causes of roofing damage during a storm include Debris such as tree limbs.
Call Ultimate Roofing and Construction now for a free roofing inspection.